“Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows” Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Since 1980 the Peace Resource Center has been a consistent voice in the San Diego community, speaking out against violence in all of its forms and providing a voice for peaceful, nonviolent ways to solve interpersonal, community and global problems.
Since the September 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon, a major focus of our work has been on working to stop the Bush Administration’s use of force in Iraq and Afghanistan. We were instrumental in calling together community members in September 2001 and creating the San Diego Coalition for Peace and Justice and continue to do much of our work through participation in the coalition’s activities, which have included demonstrations, teach-ins, public meetings, leafleting at public places and media work.
As the deaths and casualties of military members and civilians continue to mount, we need to say “Enough is Enough!” Our voices are powerful when we join together. You can help by educating yourself on the issues, speaking out and joining with other like-minded people.
Join with us to:
- Stop the violence in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Bring the Troops Home Now
- Decrease military spending and to provide funding for human needs
- Stop assaults on our civil liberties
- Put an end to anti-Islamic, anti-Arab, anti-immigrant, and all racial, ethnic, and religious bigotry and violence
- Halt the development of new nuclear weapons and decrease our current arsenal
- Prevent future wars
- Create a global culture of peace
Some good articles and information sources about the current situation in Iraq:
Because we believe our voices are powerful when we join together, we are proud to be members of following coalitions:
- Abolition 2000
- Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space
- International Network for the Abolition of Foreign Military Bases
- Iraq Moratorium
- Military Toxics Project
- National Priorities Project
- Pacific Campaign for Disarmament and Security
- United for Peace and Justice
- San Diego Coalition for Peace and Justice